Date Published: 15-Feb-2008
A young man who pleaded guilty to dangerous driving escaped disqualification from driving at Galway District Court this week.
20 year old Thomas Ryan of Ballymanagh, Craughwell was convicted of dangerous driving on the Galway to Dublin road on June 6 last year.
Ryan was travelling towards Galway at normal speed when the driver travelling behind him saw him veer off to the right at the junction for Athenry at Derrydonnell.
He collided with a car coming from the Galway direction.
His solicitor, Olivia Traynor said her client, who was 19 at the time of the accident, said he was not messing with his mobile phone, the radio or the CD player at the time.
Judge Fahy accepted this was not a case of deliberate dangerous driving and agreed NOT to disqualify him but fined him 1000 euro for the dangerous driving charge.
Galway ‘Park and Ride’ could become permanent
Date Published: 07-May-2013
That’s according to the Chief Executive of Galway Chamber of Commerce, Michael Coyle.
The pilot scheme will begin at 7.20 next Monday morning, May 13th.
Tuam awaits UK hay import as overnight rainfall adds to fodder crisis
Date Published: 09-May-2013
Transport Minister urges end to Bus Eireann strike action
Date Published: 12-May-2013
However, it’s not expected to affect school services next week.