Galway Bay fm newsroom – Over 300 Men’s Sheds nationwide are set to benefit from funding worth half a million euro.
The money has been issued to sheds across the country today, having been announced by the Department of Rural and Community Development last year.
Galway Men’s Sheds which are included are
· Athenry – €1,495 – for installation of CCTV and alarm
· Dunmore – €1,495 – for lawnmower, power washer, leaf blower, strimmer, etc
· Gort – €1,500 – for renovation of building and relevant materials
· Headford – €1,495 – for enhancements to access to Men`s Shed
· Kinvara – €1,495 – for purchase of polytunnel and power tools
· Loughrea/Carrabane – €1,495 for material for polytunnel and raised beds
· Portumna – €1,250 – for enhancement of polytunnel and garden space
· Tuam – €1,365 – for purchase of printer, TV and Charnwood dust extractor’.
Junior Minister Ciaran Cannon says Men’s Sheds offer a safe, comfortable and inclusive environment where men of all ages can share skills, work on meaningful projects and connect with their communities’.
Public meeting in Ballinasloe to discuss concerns about waste facility
Galway Bay fm newsroom – A public meeting about a controversial licence for a waste facility in Ballinasloe will take place next week. (26/8)
It’s being organised by the ‘Ballinsloe Says No’ campaign group to discuss environmental and health concerns in relation to the planned waste facility.
Last year, the High Court overturned a decision by the county council granting the waste permit, however a new application for a licence has now been submitted.
The meeting will take place in Gullanes Hotel in Ballinasloe next Monday evening at 7 o’ clock.
Over €50 thousand worth of Cannabis seized in Gort
Traffic delays expected in Oranmore following major watermain burst
Galway Bay fm newsroom – Motorists are being advised to expect traffic delays in Oranmore this evening following a major watermain burst in the village.
Crews are currently working at the site of the burst at the Maldron Hotel and it’s expected the works will take a number of hours to complete.
Residents in the immediate area are being advised they may be without water until late tonight.
Traffic management measures are currently in place.