Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Breaking News

Searches for missing teenager to resume in Oranmore

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – Searches will resume in the Oranmore area in the next hour for a missing teenager.

An 18-year-old man is thought to have entered the River Corrib at O’Brien’s Bridge in the city, around 11.30 last Saturday night.

A major search operation was undertaken by the Garda water unit, Valentia Coast Guard and the RNLI.

Meanwhile, Gardaí have confirmed that the body of a man in his early twenties, which was found along the coast at Oranmore yesterday afternoon, is not that of the missing teenager.

Gardaí are still trying to identify the body of the man, and have also ruled out two other young men missing in Limerick.

One of two is 19 year old, NUIG student, Mark Casey from Offaly, who was last seen in Limerick last Thursday night. (6/3)

Breaking News

City Council votes to take roads at Doughiska estate in charge

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – Galway City Council has agreed to take two roads at a Doughiska estate in charge.

Councillors have voted unanimously in favour of taking over the management of the roads at Fionnuisce.

It comes as last year an application calling for the City Council to takeover the roads was made by the Local Authority on behalf of residents from the estate.

The City Council has confirmed that 61% of residents voted in favour of the proposal, while 10 submissions were made on the plan – one by a residents group, one by a local elected representative and eight by local residents – all in favour of the proposal.

With the agreement by Councillors, the Local Authority will now manage almost 400 metres of road space, including open public spaces, within the Fionnuisce estate.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Walk-in vaccination centres to open at Ballybrit and Clifden this weekend

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – Walk-in vaccination centres are to be in operation in Ballybrit and Clifden from this weekend.

The HSE has revealed the details of the locations of all the walk-in vaccination centres on their website.

The Clifden satellite vaccination base will be open for walk-ins at Clifden Community School and the Galway Racecourse base will also take walk-ins.

A number will open nationwide this weekend for those over the age of 16.

It comes as 70% of the adult population is now fully vaccinated against Covid 19 and 85 per cent have received their first dose.

Health Minister, Stephen Donnelly, says those attending do not need an appointment.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Continued drop in number of Galway PUP claimants

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – Over 500 less Galway claimants received the pandemic unemployment payment this week.

The number of people on the State support nationally has dropped below 200,000 for the first time.

192 thousand people are due to get it this week – the lowest number since it was introduced in March 2020.

10,159 people will receive the payment in Galway.

Economics lecturer in UCC, Seamus Coffey, says the economy is recovering well.

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending