Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Breaking News

Progress in investigation into serious assault on Tuam father of two

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – No arrests have yet been made in the investigation into a serious assault on Tuam father of two Adrian Ansbro, although it’s understood progress is being made in the investigation

The well known electrical contractor, who is in his forties, is being treated in Beaumont Hospital in Dublin for serious head injuries

The incident, which is understood to be a one punch attack, occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning at Foster Place in the East Galway town.

A candlelight vigil was held in his native Cortoon last night to say prayers for Adrian and his family while dozens of messages are being left on the Cortoon Shamrocks Facebook page for his recovery

Some years ago Adrian donated a kidney to his brother Enda, who has excelled in the sport of badminton

Gardaí are renewing their public appeal for information and are requesting any witnesses to come forward on 093 70840.

Gardaí are also appealing to any road users, who may have camera footage, and who were travelling in the Tuam town and Foster Place area between the hours of 11.50pm on Saturday 10th July and 12:15am on Sunday 11th July,to make this footage available to Gardaí.

Breaking News

1,386 new cases of Covid-19 nationwide

Published

on

Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team 

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 1386* confirmed cases of COVID-19.  

As of 8am today, 106 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 22 are in ICU. 

(*Daily case numbers may change due to future data validation.) 

Dr. Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said: “This pandemic has provided a prime example of how easily misinformation can spread online, and many people have been exposed to information that is false, inaccurate, or misleading. This is known as misinformation and it started to spread about potential COVID-19 vaccines even before any had been developed. Unfortunately, it has undermined vaccination efforts in many countries, prolonging the pandemic and putting lives at risk. 

“All of us together can help to stop the spread of misinformation. Remember not every post on social media is reliable or accurate – if you are not sure, then don’t share. 

“In Ireland we are fortunate to have very high levels of vaccine confidence with fantastic uptake across all age groups to date. Of course, many people will have questions about their vaccine but it is important that they access accurate and reliable information in order to get these questions answered. Do not rely on unsubstantiated information shared online. Instead go to trusted sources including hse.ie and gov.ie. GPs and healthcare professionals will also be able to answer any questions you may have when you go to your vaccine appointment.” 

Continue Reading

Breaking News

🎧 Call for City Council to reconsider Kirwan Junction “disaster”

Published

on

https://galwaybayfm.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/charitykirwan.wav

Galway Bay fm newsroom – Galway City Council and Transport Infrastructure Ireland are being urged to re-think the “disaster” that is the new Kirwan Junction.

That’s according to Councillor James Charity, who says the new layout is leading to unprecedented tailbacks.

He says he’s been innundated with calls from motorists who are caught in kilometres long tailbacks approaching the junction to access the N84.

Councillor Charity argues the design of the new junction severely limits access to the N84 and the current delays cannot be entirely explained by light sequencing or teething issues.

He also points out that some local roads in the Killoughter area are now under pressure as they’re being used as “rat runs” to avoid the junction

Councillor Charity believes the junction is not fit for purpose and needs urgent re-assessment:

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Plans to be lodged for new fire station in Athenry

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – Plans for a new fire station in Athenry are expected to be lodged today. (23/7)

That’s according to Councillor Shelly Herterich Quinn, who says the long-awaited facility will replace the current sub-standard base at Clarke Street.

The new three bay facility will be constructed on a site at Ballygurrane South on the edge of the town.

Councillor Herterich Quinn says a Part 8 planning application set to be lodged this afternoon is the culmination of years of hard work.

And she says the local fire crew are a huge asset to the local community…

To hear more, tune into Galway Bay fm news.

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending