Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Breaking News

Missing city man Roland Mitchell found safe and well

Published

on

A man who had been missing from the city since the weekend has been located safe and well.

26 year old Roland Mitchell from Fr Griffin Road was reported missing since 7pm on Saturday

Gardaí have confirmed that Roland has now been found safe and well and have thanked the public.

Breaking News

Gardaí request motorists to avoid M6 westbound junction near Athenry

Published

on

Galway Bay FM Newsroom- A section of the M6 westbound is closed near Athenry, due to a serious traffic collision between Junction 18 (Rathmorrissey) and Junction 19 (Oranmore). Ambulances are at the scene, traffic is being diverted and Gardaí are requesting that motorists avoid the area.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Gardaí and emergency services at scene of three vehicle collision at M6 Athenry junction

Published

on

Galway Bay FM Newsroom- Gardaí and emergency services are at the scene of a traffic collision on the M6 Galway Dublin motorway, close to the Athenry junction.

It’s understood three vehicles were involved in the collision which occurred shortly after 2pm .

The road is closed with local diversions in place to facilitate access for the emergency services.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

HSE reverses decision to outsource catering facilities at St Francis Home in Newcastle

Published

on

Galway Bay Fm Newsroom- The HSE has reversed its decision to outsource catering facilities at St. Francis Home in Newcastle to a private company.

Deputy Catherine Connolly says the decision was initially taken as the space was needed to facilitate additional staff in primary care.

She argues the decision to close an essential and award-winning service to solve an accommodation problem would be completely unacceptable.

Deputy Connolly cites the long history of the centre providing high-quality meals to those attending the daycare centre, as well as the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service at Merlin Park.

The HSE has now confirmed the catering service will remain in-house, though it will now operate from a site in Merlin Park.

Speaking to Galway Talks, Galway West Deputy Connolly says it’s a vital service and we cannot afford to lose it.

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending