Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Connacht Tribune

Jared’s Galway show for launch of Consequence

Published

on

American singer songwriter Jared Dylan

Groove Tube with Danielle Holian – tribunegroove@gmail.com

He may be only 23 but American singer songwriter Jared Dylan has packed a whole lot of lives into his fledgling career – and now he’s found a place to nurture his creative juices by moving to Ireland. He has described his trans-Atlantic journey as a homecoming – and professionally it has given him the chance to collaborate with a host of Irish artists including Paddy Casey and Ryan Sheridan.

On top of that it has allowed him to foster his other cultural talents as well as his music, and he has just released a new short film, Consequence, for which he has also written the soundtrack.

Jared will be in Galway for a gig on Wednesday, October 24, playing at the intimate Secret Garden in the heart of the city’s West End. It’s a venue he has played before – and he also has fond memories of a gig at the Quays with Aslan.

All of which might seem a long way from New Jersey where he grew up and first began playing music in his early teens.

“It was just me and my guitar,” he says.

He started writing his own material at fifteen years of age and found he had a real passion for it. And since he was seventeen, he’s been travelling the world making music.

“Entertainment became the obvious career path for me,” he says – and things took off on all fronts for him from the very start.

“After two years of writing and recording original material and just starting to perform my own songs, I had completed my first EP, In Panic, had an acceptance letter from the University of Miami, and worked as an official cast member on Season Three of The Voice in North America.

“After that year, I realised I had already taken the steps to become a professional musician,” he adds.

Jared loves the process of writing music – and at the core of that is the chance to tell a story.

“The process is the inspiration, and storytelling is always the most important part,” he feels.

For more, read this week’s Connacht Tribune.

Get the Connacht Tribune Live app
The Connacht Tribune Live app is the home of everything that is happening in Galway City and  county. It’s completely FREE and features all the latest news, sport and information on what’s on in your area. Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

Connacht Tribune

Boil water notice issued for Barna area

Published

on

A boil water notice has been issued for the Barna area for health protection purposes

The areas affected are Barna Village, Truskey West and Truskey East, Barr Aille, Fermoyle, Ballard and along the Connemara Coast Road as far as Furbo, and on the Barna/Galway Road as far as Silverstrand.

The notice has been put in place due to issues with disinfection of the water at Tonabruckey Reservoir.

The notice affects approximately 2,300 people supplied by the Barna section of the Galway City West Public Water Supply area.

Customers in the area served by Tonabrucky Reservoir will notice increased levels of chlorine in their water supply in the coming days as we work to resolve the issue.

Vulnerable customers who have registered with Irish Water will receive direct communication on this Boil Water Notice.

Irish water, the City Council and the HSE will monitor the supply and will lift the notice when it is safe to do so.

In line with HSE Covid-19 advice and the requirement for frequent hand washing, Irish Water advises that the water remains suitable for this purpose and boiling the water is not required.

Continue Reading

Connacht Tribune

Violent incident in Tuam leaves seven hospitalised

Published

on

Gardaí are investigating after an incident in Tuam yesterday left seven people injured.

A violent altercation broke out between a large group at the cemetery in Tuam at about 4pm yesterday.

Around 30 Gardaí responded to the incident at the cemetery on the Athenry Road in Tuam, which broke out following two funerals in the area.

Gardaí supported by members from the wider North Western Region and the Regional Armed Support Unit had to physically intervene between parties and disperse those present.

Five males and two females were injured during the course of the incident and were taken to University Hospital Galway with non-life threatening injuries.

A 16-year-old boy was arrested at the scene, as he tried to flee in possession of a knife.

He was taken to Tuam Garda Station and has since been released. A file is being prepared for the Juvenile Liaison Officer.

Gardaí are appealing for any witnesses to this incident or for anyone with any information to contact Tuam Garda Station .

Continue Reading

Connacht Tribune

Anger over ANC ‘snip’

Published

on

Agriculture Minister, Charlie McConalogue

ANGRY farmers hit out during last week’s Galway IFA at the Dept. of Agriculture over what they described as their ‘heavy handed tactics’ in docking BEAM penalties from ANC payments made last week.

Although Agriculture Minister, Charlie McConalogue, has apologised for the actions taken by his Department officials, delegates who attended last Thursday’s night county IFA meeting in the Claregalway Hotel, hit out at what happened.

In some cases, according to Galway IFA Chairperson, Anne Mitchell, farmers who had already paid back the BEAM penalty also had the money deducted from their ANC (Areas of Natural Constraint) payments made last week.

Many farmers received ‘a shock in the post’ when their ANC payments were hit with the deductions of penalties from the BEAM scheme – earlier they had been warned of interest penalties if any balances weren’t repaid within 30 days.

At the core of the problem was the inclusion of a 5% stock numbers reduction in the BEAM scheme (Beef Exceptional Aid Measure) aimed at helping to compensate farmers for a drop-off in beef prices between September, 2018 and May, 2019.

For more, read this week’s Connacht Tribune.

Connacht Tribune Digital Edition App

Download the Connacht Tribune Digital Edition App to access to Galway’s best-selling newspaper.

Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

Or purchase the Digital Edition for PC, Mac or Laptop from Pagesuite  HERE.

Get the Connacht Tribune Live app
The Connacht Tribune Live app is the home of everything that is happening in Galway City and county. It’s completely FREE and features all the latest news, sport and information on what’s on in your area. Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

 

 

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending