Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Business

Galway Digital Media Awards see €15,000 up for grabs

Published

on

The inaugural Online Marketing in Galway Awards (OMiG Awards) will take place in the Town Hall Theatre on April 22 – with prizes valued at more than €15,000 up for grabs for Galway-based businesses.

The Awards, which were launched on Tuesday night, are jointly organised by Online Marketing in Galway and Galway County and City Enterprise Boards (GCCEB) in collaboration with the Connacht Tribune Group.

The objective of the awards is to give full recognition to existing Online Marketing activities within Galway County and City, awarding the outstanding contributions these companies have made to their Online Marketing activities.

The categories for the awards include Best Website; Email Marketing; Blog of the Year; Online Marketing Leadership Award, and People’s Choice Awards. Nominations will open on February 10 with finalists’ list published on March 19.

The main sponsor of the event is the GCCEB which is offering substantial cash prizes as well as mentoring and training packages. The Connacht Tribune is the media partner for the Awards while also offering a substantial advertising package to the winner.

“Technology, in particular digital media is an area that we have developed over the past number of years. Technology is pervasive in every sector and we are working with OMiG to find and reward digital products that engage readers while starting or growing their enterprise through their online media,” said CEO of the GCCEB Breda Fox.

Announcing the Awards, Maricka Burke Keogh, founder of OMiG said: “In addition to the Awards, we aim to promote the benefits of Online Marketing to companies who may not have adopted such strategies yet.”

Further details and application form are available at www.galwaymarketing.ie/awards/ and www.galwayenterprise.ie

Connacht Tribune

Galway’s housing stock on the rise

Published

on

A total of 1,147 residential buildings were under construction in Galway as of June – according to the latest GeoView Residential Buildings Report.

Over half of the residential buildings under construction in Ireland in June 2021 were located in the Leinster region (58.4%), revealed the report which is published by GeoDirectory and EY Economic Advisory.

The Greater Dublin Area of Dublin, Meath, Kildare and Wicklow accounted for 35.6% of the total number of buildings under construction in the country. In contrast, the lowest levels of construction activity were recorded in Ulster (6.5%) and Connacht (10.6%).

In all, 1,182 new residential addresses in Galway were added to GeoDirectory’s nationwide database in the twelve months to June 2021.

At 30.8%, the highest proportion of the new residential address points were again located in Dublin, followed by Cork (10.8%), Kildare (9.7%) and Meath (5.7%).

In percentage terms, Leitrim (219.6%), Carlow (146.5%) and Roscommon (144%) registered the highest year-on-year growth in new address points, albeit from a previously low base.

The report also found that 9.5% of all residential stock in the state are apartments. In total, there were 194,898 apartment address points across the country in June 2021.

For more, read this week’s Connacht Tribune.

Connacht Tribune Digital Edition App

Download the Connacht Tribune Digital Edition App to access to Galway’s best-selling newspaper.

Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

Or purchase the Digital Edition for PC, Mac or Laptop from Pagesuite  HERE.

Get the Connacht Tribune Live app
The Connacht Tribune Live app is the home of everything that is happening in Galway City and county. It’s completely FREE and features all the latest news, sport and information on what’s on in your area. Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

 

Continue Reading

Connacht Tribune

Galway towns included in home support pilot

Published

on

Confirmation...Minister Anne Rabbitte.

Tuam, Athenry and Loughrea will form one of a select number of areas for a nationwide pilot scheme to see how to improve home support services for families in need of carers.

Minister for Disabilities and Galway East Deputy Anne Rabbitte confirmed that the Galway towns were among nine across the country to form part of a national Home Support Pilot Programme, which will commence next month.

The pilot scheme will deliver an additional 230,000 hours of Home Support services over a six-month period, with the evaluation of the outputs to continue over a twelve-month period from its commencement.

Minister Rabbitte described this as a major boost for Tuam, Athenry and Loughrea.

“This will deliver in-home supports across the three towns, which are in the heart of East Galway and I know from working with families across the constituency that this will be a major boost,” she said.

For more, read this week’s Connacht Tribune.

Connacht Tribune Digital Edition App

Download the Connacht Tribune Digital Edition App to access to Galway’s best-selling newspaper.

Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

Or purchase the Digital Edition for PC, Mac or Laptop from Pagesuite  HERE.

Get the Connacht Tribune Live app
The Connacht Tribune Live app is the home of everything that is happening in Galway City and county. It’s completely FREE and features all the latest news, sport and information on what’s on in your area. Click HERE to download it for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or HERE to get the Android Version from Google Play.

 

Continue Reading

Connacht Tribune

Galway passengers are all smiles at Shannon!

Published

on

Shannon Airport
Shannon Airport

The smiles on the faces at Shannon Airport very much told its own story this week – with passengers taking to skies as the easing of restrictions and the first day of the European Digital COVID Certificates took effect.

And it wasn’t just the joy of travel starting to resume that lifted spirits at the airport but also the announcement by Ryanair of a new once-weekly service to Gran Canaria (Las Palmas) to commence on August 7 – the third new service announcement for Shannon Airport over recent weeks.

There was a real sense of excitement as passengers of all ages became very much at ease with the heightened public safety measures in a ‘back-to-the-future’ day for the West of Ireland gateway airport.

There were reunions as inbound flights arrived but also a palpable degree of anticipation as others got set to depart on the earliest flight out of the airport today, the 7:10am flight to Gatwick.

Among those boarding was Clarenbridge native Claire Tomlin and her husband Jake, together with their three children, including their twins who turn a year old next week.

“It’s been amazing to get back. The kids saw their grandparents for the first time and their cousins and aunties and uncles, so it was fantastic,” said Claire.

“Shannon is just so convenient for us because it’s only about 40 minutes’ drive. So, it just makes everything a lot easier in terms of getting to and from places with little ones. So, yeah, Shannon is a great resource for us. Really, really good. We hope to be able to go back more and more.”

It was smiles all around for Shannon Airport staff as they got back to doing what they do best. “Well, today is a great day because you can see the atmosphere around the place, people are at ease here and they’re glad to be back, they’re glad to get up in the sky again,” said Shannon Duty Free Sales Associate Helen Quinlivan.

“It’s great to see the excitement. People are really looking forward to going back and seeing their loved ones and they’re very at ease.”

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending