Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Breaking News

Family of missing Kinvara man to hold fundraising event for private search

Published

on

Galway Bay fm newsroom – The family of a man missing in Malaysia since January are to hold an event in Kinvara on Tuesday to plan fundraising initiatives for a private investigation.

31-year-old Kinvara man Stephen Warde was last seen near the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpar on January 1st.

He is described as having dark brown hair, brown eyes, and is 5 feet 11 inches in height.

A ‘Go Fund Me’ page set up after his disappearance has so far raised almost €13 thousand to finance a private investigation.

Friends and family will now host a meeting at the Pier Head in Kinvara on Tuesday evening at 8 to discuss further fundraising for the search.

Breaking News

Chairperson of Galway City Vintners hopeful the majority of restrictions affecting hospitality sector will be removed by March.

Published

on

From the Galway Bay FM newsroom:

The Chairperson of the Galway City Vintners says he’s hopeful that the majority of restrictions affecting the hospitality sector will be removed by March.

NPHET has been meeting to make a series of recommendations to Government for exiting restrictions.

It’s expected the curfew on hospitality will be lifted as early as next week, full capacity sports grounds will be allowed along with increased capacity at live events; while a roadmap for the return to the office is also due.

An easing of Covid restrictions will happen ‘within days’ according to the Public Expenditure Minister.

Johnny Duggan of Taylor’s Bar Galway who is also Chair of the Galway City Vintners Federation says publicans want to get back to normal trading as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Galway TD challenges Minister in Dáil over exclusion of carers from healthcare bonus

Published

on

From the Galway Bay FM newsroom:

A Galway TD has challenged the Minister for Public Expenditure in the Dáil over the exclusion of family and home carers from the pandemic bonus.

Frontline healthcare workers are to be given a 1 thousand euro bonus to recognise their efforts throughout COVID-19.

However, under the current plans, home and family carers are not eligible for the payment.

Addressing Minister Michael McGrath, Deputy Mairead Farrell pointed out they lost everything during the pandemic at very short notice.

She argued without their efforts, the Government would have been in a very serious predicament.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Ballinasloe group wins legal challenge preventing the operation of a waste transfer facility in the town

Published

on

From the Galway Bay FM newsroom:

A Ballinasloe community group has succeeded in its latest legal action to prevent the operation of a waste transfer facility in the East Galway town.

The ‘Ballinasloe Says No’ group took legal action to prevent Galway County Council granting a permit to operate a waste transfer station at Poolboy in April 2021.

The High Court has now quashed the decision by Galway County Council to grant a permit on environmental grounds.

The group are calling on the local authority to refuse any future application for a permit or extension or renewal of planning permission for a waste transfer facility in Poolboy.

Speaking to Galway Talks earlier, PRO & Secretary of the Ballinasloe Says No campaign Senator Aisling Dolan says the group is prepared to challenge any further attempts to bring a waste transfer facility to the town.

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending