Classifieds Advertise Archive Subscriptions Family Announcements Photos Digital Editions/Apps
Connect with us

Galway Bay FM News Archives

BISHOP OF CLONFERT SPEAKS OUT AFTER PASTORAL LETTER

Published

on

Date Published: 22-Mar-2010

 

Catholic bishops must continue to deal with the aftermath of clerical child abuse as long as victims need them to.

That’s according to the Bishop of Clonfert John Kirby.

Bishop Kirby was responding to questions as to when a line can be drawn under the claims of cover-ups by the Catholic Church in Ireland.

Bishop Kirby said the airing of abuse cases will continue until the victims get closure.

 

Galway Bay FM News Archives

An Post responds to calls to upgrade city GPO

Published

on

Date Published: 08-May-2013

An Post says it’s examining a number of options in relation to its premises at Eglington Street in the city.

It follows calls from North West MEP Jim Higgins to improve the exterior of the building.

MEP Higgins says the front of the building on Eglington Street is in need of cleaning and takes away from the efforts of other retailers on the street to keep fresh, well maintained shop fronts.

Responding, An Post says it’s conscious any refurbishment work should be in keeping with the existing streetscape and would aim to enhance this busy public building.

A spokesperson adds that An Post is conscious of its current condition and is anxious to remedy that as quickly as possible.

Continue Reading

Galway Bay FM News Archives

Fianna Fail’s O Cuiv praises government for fodder scheme extension

Published

on

Date Published: 11-May-2013

Galway West TD and Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Agriculture Eamon O Cuiv has praised the Minster for Agriculture Simon Coveney for extending the fodder scheme.

The Imported Fodder Transport Scheme will be extended by two weeks until Wednesday two weeks May 29th.

Deputy O Cuiv says the extension of the scheme is a common sense move and gives a huge boost to farmers.

Continue Reading

Galway Bay FM News Archives

Galway Bus Eireann services resume

Published

on

Date Published: 14-May-2013

Strike action at Bus Eireann in Galway has been suspended for 48 hours following a breakthrough in talks at the Labour Relations Commission last night.

After almost three hours of talks, the National Bus and Rail Union agreed to suspend its strike for two days, during which management would not implement the disputed cost reductions.

In the meantime, management and union representatives will attempt to hammer out an alternative way to secure cost savings.

Galway bus drivers had been holding a picket at the bus depot at the Docks since Sunday morning with staff on rotational rosters.

Continue Reading

Local Ads

Local Ads

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending