Frank Byrnes Autobody Repairs in Oranmore is as busy as ever this time of year working day and night – something similar to Santa and his elves actually!
Over the Christmas and New Years holiday break while the workshop and crash repairs team put their feet up, Frank himself will be on-call with the recovery truck for any people who might unfortunately be involved in a road collision or car crash.
He’ll make sure you’re not left stranded and will remove your vehicle safely from the roadside. The number to call is (091) 388999.
“We want our customers to have a safe and enjoyable holiday season. However, accidents do happen and we’ll be on-call to help them out if they need us,” said Frank.
In planning for Christmas and New Year, Frank and the team have drawn up their top tips for safe driving at Christmas.
Before setting off on a journey:
- Ensure your headlights, dips are clean and that all bulbs are working.
- Switch on your dip headlights even in day time – be seen.
- In frosty weather, give yourself a few minutes extra to defrost all windows and mirrors so you have full visibility. Don’t take risks.
- Check your tyre pressures and wear and tear.
- In frosty weather, when roads are gritted with salt and sand, don’t forget to get a car wash and rinse the salt from the underside of the car as this can accelerate rusting.
- Never travel with children in the front seat and always use a booster seat or car seat for children under 1.5 metres in height. Don’t have any regrets.
- Never drink and drive.
For more information, call (091) 388999 or log on to www.frankbyrnes.com.